If you agree, please share with your friends and legislators. You can find your legislator contact info at this link for State Rep:
24 Feb 2015
Honorable Members of the Texas Legislature
Request for insurance discount for building owners, per below. Did you know that Certified Security Window Film has:
· ProtectedTexas homeowners from burglarbreak-ins?
· Protected Texas offices and homes from hurricane and tornado wind-borne debris that breaches glass, drastically cutting insurance losses?
· Saved enough energy by cutting solar heat and harmful UV to pay for itself over time?
· Was installed on all federal buildings in Washington DC after 9/11?
· Would have delayed the Newtown Sandy Hook shooter from entering the glass building, giving police time to arrive and students’ time to take shelter?
· Would lower construction costs in windstorm areas & insurance losses from storms and theft?
Nearly 40% of our population lives near the coast, subject to the threat of hurricane-force winds every year. All of our population live in areas hit by break-ins 24/7 365 days a year. Glass is the weakest link of every building – a burglar or a shooter can break and enter unprotected glass in less than two seconds!
We put Security Window film on a lady’s house. Five (5) days later someone tried to break through one of her windows which had our film, and failed to get in. A child broke glass running into it and wasn’t hurt. Houston’s Chase Tower had over $5 million in damages during Hurricane IKE due to windows being sucked out by the winds. Our film would have avoided those damages and millions of dollars in similar damages caused by window breaks. We installed it on a DEA office in Houston and homes of teachers.
Solar film only blocks the sun – it has no breach resistant qualities. Security Window Film is four times thicker and can block the sun as well as “armor the glass” which is the weakest link of every building.
Security Window film costs a fraction of Shutters and Impact Glass – its three to ten times less.
We request an insurance discount for owners who install 8 mil Security Window Film that has passed the Large Missile Impact (4.5 lb. Level C – ASTM 1186/1996) on all windows & required Dow 995. If so, Texas property owners would save millions in property losses and energy costs; Insurance companies would save millions in claims from break-ins and storm losses. No cost to state! Big savings for Texans!
Few Texas architects and builders are aware of this vital technology that is protecting our nation’s capital. “Houses of Straw”
is available FREE at www.ArmorGlass.com and subscribe to our blog.